Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the BCA + UG Program in Software Engineering?
This is a three-year degree program that integrates the standard BCA degree with an undergraduate program in Software Engineering. In this program, students learn software engineering by developing software mentored by industry experts on campus at CodeQuotient Software Labs. The program emphasizes practical learning and enables students to gain up to 1.5 years of paid internship experience during the course duration. The students graduate with industry-relevant skills and a UGC-Recognized Bachelor of Computer Applications (BCA) Degree in regular mode with CodeQuotient's UG Program in Software Engineering certification, giving them an advantage over the students pursuing regular BCA programs.
2. How does learning at CodeQuotient School of Technology differ from others, and what does the curriculum cover?
The curriculum of this three-year degree program is designed by hiring companies to maximise learning efficiency. It allows students to gain more knowledge in less time. The course is classified into three phases:
Phase I. The Developer Skills Training
Phase II. The Hands-on Experience
In our CodeQuotient Software Labs at the campus, students develop real, functioning software under the mentorship of experienced software developers. The students build web apps, mobile apps and other products, using current and in-demand industry tech stacks. Such projects help the students showcase their skills and potential in their portfolios.
Phase III. The Internships with Hiring Partners
We partner with companies to offer paid and flexible internships for up to 1.5 years. The students work on real-world projects, collaborate cross-functionally, and learn from industry mentors. This exposure prepares them for the work culture and industry expectations.
The phase-wise program layout helps students equip the skills and knowledge required in the industry.
3. Does CodeQuotient School of Technology provide course materials?
Yes. All the enrolled students get access to study material, online assessments and assignments on the learning platform.
4. How is this program better than traditional BCA and B.Tech?
This program offers great value by placing a strong emphasis on developing essential skills. It gives the students a decent start in their careers by becoming a highly competitive and productive resource in the job market.
1. What are the eligibility criteria for taking admission?
Students who have passed 10+2 from any stream (Non-medical, Medical, Commerce, or Humanities) with a minimum of 50% marks or an equivalent grade are eligible. The only condition is that they must have studied Mathematics and English as mandatory subjects in the 10th standard.
2. I haven't studied mathematics since 10th grade. Can I catch up with the curriculum?
Yes, to catch up with the curriculum, it is essential to have a familiarity with basic mathematics only up to the 10th grade level. However, we also offer sessions on relevant topics to students for revising concepts whenever necessary.
3. I have completed my schooling in Hindi medium. Can I meet program expectations?
We primarily focus on students' problem-solving skills to meet the program requirements. However, communication skills are also crucial for career advancement. At CodeQuotient, our primary focus is to prepare students for employment. Therefore, we provide training in soft skills such as English and other foreign languages (like Japanese) to ensure that language proficiency does not hinder their progress.
4. What is the admission process?
- Go to the “Apply Now” button.
- Fill up the application form and wait for the enrollment counsellor’s call. Our counsellor will contact you within 48 hours of your application.
- Every applicant goes through 2 qualifying rounds - an Assessment Test and a Personal Interaction.
- The enrollment counsellor will share more details about the selection process and stay connected with you throughout the admission process.
- Once you are prepared, the counsellor will provide the test link.
- Based on your performance in the test, a personal interview will be conducted with the enrollment panel. The counsellor will help schedule your interview.
- On clearing both the Assessment Test and Personal Interview, you will be issued an admission offer.
5. What is the format of the written test?
The test contains multiple-choice questions divided into two sections:
Section 1 (5 Marks): Mathematics Fundamentals (5 Questions, 1 Mark Each)
Section 2 (30 Marks): Problem Solving (10 Questions, 3 Marks Each)
The total weightage of the test is 35 marks. This test does not require rigorous preparation; instead, we evaluate the candidates based on natural problem-solving skills.
6. My 12th standard results have not yet been released. Can I still apply?
Yes, you can apply. If you meet all the eligibility requirements, you can take the written/online test and participate in a personal interaction. Upon successfully clearing the test and personal interaction, we will offer you provisional admission. Once your 12th standard results are announced, you can submit your mark sheet to complete the admission process.
7. Can I attend the selection process from a remote location?
Yes. To take the admission test, you need a desktop, laptop, or smartphone with internet connectivity for the online test and personal interaction. The enrollment counsellor will guide you through the process.
8. Do you have management quota seats?
No. Admission will be offered to students only based on merit. All the students must meet the following three conditions:
- Get 50% marks in 12th standard
- Clear written test
- Clear Personal Interview
9. Do I need prerequisite knowledge in computer programming to apply?
Experience with computer programming is a plus, but not necessary. We assess your application based on your areas of interest, life experiences, mindset, resilience and time management abilities.
1. What is the tuition fee for the program?
The tuition fee for the BCA + UGPSE is Rs. 50,000/- per semester.
2. What is the fee sponsorship opportunity?
CodeQuotient has partnered with over 150 companies, and many of these companies offer to sponsor the tution fees the tuition fees for students they intend to employ. To qualify for fee sponsorship, students participating in internships with these respective companies must meet the success criteria set by the hiring company.
1. Where is the CodeQuotient School of Technology campus?
CodeQuotient School of Technology campus is located in Panipat.
2. Is the laptop mandatory?
The campus has a sufficient number of computers in the lab for students to use. However, we recommend that all students bring their laptops to facilitate additional practice.
1. What are the roles BCA + UG Program students get into?
The students who take up this program fit into multiple roles. Some of the options are as follows:
- Application Development
- Software Engineering
- Coding and Testing
- Front-end Development
- Back-end Development
- Full Stack Development
- Product and Application Design
- Research and Development
- Infrastructure Management
- Web Server Deployment
- Process Automation
- Security Policy Implementation
2. Does this program guarantee placements?
The whole point of launching this course is to offer job skills in the degree itself. Our teaching methodology is like a medical school where students work on their patients during the course itself. Similarly, the students at our school work on live projects under the mentorship of industrial professionals for the first 1.5 years of the course. For the remaining 1.5 years the students are allowed to work as interns with hiring partners. This makes our students the most suitable candidates for any openings with our partners or similar companies. We ensure 100% placement assistance to all the students who qualify for the criteria.
3. What is the duration of the internship? Will I get paid during the internship?
Under this program, a student can do up to 1.5 years of internship. Those selected for an internship with our hiring partners will be given a stipend to assist with out-of-pocket expenses during the on-the-job training (internship) period.
4. What is the highest salary of students placed by CodeQuotient?
According to the latest placement statistics for 2023, the highest salary package received by students placed through CodeQuotient is ₹20 Lakhs.
5. What is the average salary of students placed by CodeQuotient?
In the latest 2023 placement statistics, students placed through CodeQuotient received an average salary package of ₹7.2 Lakhs.
6. Which companies have CodeQuotient alumni been working with?
Our alumni have secured positions in leading core tech companies and have demonstrated their skills at top IT firms such as Google, Amazon, AWS, OYO, Palo Alto Networks, Zscaler, Postman, Adobe Systems, Paytm, DigitalOcean, Web3Auth, Gojek, Tata 1 MG, McAfee, and many others. To learn more about their journeys, click here.
7. What if I do not opt for internships?
This option is available. In such a case, the rest of your course will align with the University's schedule and be integrated into the regular 6-semester BCA course. You will be required to take exams and submit assignments per the university's norms.